EMMY NOMINATED for Outstanding Music Direction!!! BARRY MANILOW: SONGS FROM THE SEVENTIES is the best sort of homecoming. This wonderfully entertaining PBS special was shot at Steiner Studios in Brooklyn right down the block from where Manilow grew up in Williamsburg.
This special finds Manilow focusing on the music of the decade when he became one of the biggest stars in music - which he very much remains today more than three decades later. The hit heavy set list is an inspired mix of Manilow's own Seventies gems, along with some other memorable Seventies smashes that Manilow makes his own.
David Mallet who directed Barry Manilow: Music and Passion - for which Manilow won an Emmy - served again as director. The Seventies were very good to Barry, and after all these years he is giving homage to this exceptional decade.
Disc 1 - The Television Special
- New York City Rhythm
- I Am Your Child
- The Commercials (Again!) a. Band-Aids b. State Farm Insurance c. McDonald's d. Vicks
- Could It Be Magic?
- Copacabana (At The Copa)
- My Eyes Adored You
- Looks Like We Made It
- He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother
- The Way We Were
- It Never Rains In Southern California
- The Old Songs (Intro)
- Seventies Hits Medley a. Can't Smile Without You b. Even Now c. It's A Miracle d. I Made It Through The Rain e. Daybreak f. This One's For You g. I Write The Song
- One Voice
Disc 2 - Extra Special Outtakes
- Who's Been Sleeping In My Bed?
- The Way We Were Medley a. The Way We Were b. It Never Rains In Southern California c. You've Got A Friend d. The Way We Were
- All The Time
(This DVD is NTSC format and region 1, for US and Canada only, with Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound & PCM Stereo)